Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 3: Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X

All I can say is I was really not looking forward to working out today!  I was sooo ridiculously sore before I started it.  But it's only day 3, I won't let myself give up now.  I woke up this morning and the first thing I ate was a bowl of Special K Fruit&Yogurt cereal (my favorite) with 1/2 % milk.  Later on in the morning I had a Special K 90 calorie bar and a string cheese.  For lunch I made a salad with turkey, shredded some Asiago cheese, wheat croutons and a little bit of ranch.  The workout I did today was the shoulders and arms workout followed by an ab workout.  Before I started, I was feeling really sore but afterwards I was actually feeling pretty good.  I actually really like the shoulders and arm workout, though I'm only using 5 lb weights and some of the moves I don't feel as much because that's all I have then 25 but I don't want to make a big jump like that.  Next time I'm up north, I plan to bring my other weights down so I have more options.  Then I had a short ab workout dvd followed afterwards.  I don't have Ab Ripper X (realized this while getting the dvd's out) so I used the Abs Core Plus dvd which had some pretty good ab workouts.  It was a short 20 minutes but definitely something anyone could throw in for a quick workout.  After my workout, I made a protein shake.  I have Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein in strawberry (honestly don't like this flavor, bought it awhile ago but I'm finding different things to mix it with so it's not as bad, click link, run about $15 at Walmart) and I put a scoop of that in a blender along with a Yoplait Strawberry Lemonade (it's new and gooood!), some ice, and a little bit of 1/2 % milk.  Filled me right up after the workout and tasted pretty good to me.  Well day 3 is now completed, tomorrow I have Yoga X and from what I hear, it's no walk through a ball park! :/ We'll see how it goes, wish me luck! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment